This position is responsible for providing customer service assistance to individuals who contact CHEMTREC by identifying their needs, as well as identifying the needs of the customers and routing to the appropriate CHEMTREC department. This position is also responsible for processing and addressing requests about Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for CHEMTREC customers, creating new and maintaining existing customer accounts, and completing special assignments assigned to the entire group. This position reports directly to the Manager, Customer Fulfillment.
» Apply Here
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering incoming telephone calls, fulfilling electronic requests, responding to customer inquiries and providing requested/applicable documents and reports.
- Assessing the needs of incoming requests, both via phone and email, addressing these needs and/or routing to the appropriate CHEMTREC staff/department.
- Providing customer service support relating to registration procedures, SDS submission guidelines, product pricing, payment status and general account status information. This includes technical assistance for our registrants accessing our systems through the internet.
- Recording information gathered during a telephone call into CHEMTREC’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application and providing necessary information back to the caller or other involved parties based on the caller’s needs and requests.
- Maintaining and updating access to customer SDS information provided to CHEMTREC. This includes processing, indexing, uploading, and recording details of this information received in multiple forms (fax, paper, email, CD/USB, through VPN or FTP, etc.). This also includes drafting and updating special instructions, testing websites and CDs so customer information can be successfully accessed by CHEMTREC staff.
- Maintaining and updating customer account information within CRM.
- Assessing, tracking, and resolving case tickets from the CHEMTREC Operations Center.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with appropriate internal staff resources and external contacts including, but not limited to customers, vendors, business partners, prospects, emergency response community, and agencies.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in a relevant field or two years progressive work experience.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks, with minimal supervision, exercising sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on a variety of complex matters simultaneously while also working in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well the ability to listen and communicate with both technical and non-technical customers effectively and provide appropriate solutions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work flexible hours, (e.g., 6:00 am – 2:30 pm, 8:30 am – 5 pm, 12 pm – 8:30 pm, etc.) as well as a rotating schedule and non-core business hours and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Corporate or for-profit work experience.
- Experience with MS SharePoint and MS Dynamics CRM.
- Knowledge of database and document management concepts, including information retrieval practices.
» Apply Here