This position is responsible for providing basic customer service assistance to companies registered and companies interested in registering with CHEMTREC, as well as identifying the needs of the customers and routing to the appropriate CHEMTREC department. This position is also responsible for processing and addressing requests about Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for CHEMTREC customers, and reports directly to the Specialist, Technical Information.
» Apply Here
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering incoming customer and prospect telephone calls, fulfilling electronic requests, responding to customer inquiries and providing requested/applicable documents and reports.
- Assessing the needs of incoming requests, both via phone and email, and routing to the appropriate CHEMTREC staff/department.
- Providing customer service support relating to registration procedures, SDS submission guidelines, product pricing, payment status and general account status information.
- Indexing electronic SDS using SharePoint.
- Managing internal and external customer SDS sites, stand-alone CDs, and other proprietary systems for SDS access (e.g. site-to-site VPNs, security tokens), as well as drafting and updating special instructions, testing sites and CDs, and maintaining a central repository of relevant data.
- Maintaining and updating customer account information within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) utility.
- Preparing, logging, and indexing paper documents using scanning software.
- Assessing, tracking, and resolving case tickets from the CHEMTREC Operations Center.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with appropriate internal staff resources and external contacts including, but not limited to customers, vendors, business partners, prospects, emergency response community, and agencies.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in a relevant field or two years progressive work experience.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks, with minimal supervision, exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on a variety of complex matters simultaneously while also working in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well the ability to listen and communicate with both technical and non-technical customers effectively and provide appropriate solutions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work flexible hours, (e.g., 7:30 am – 4 pm. 8:30 am – 5 pm, 9 am – 5:30 pm, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Corporate or for-profit work experience.
- Experience with MS SharePoint and MS Dynamics CRM.
- Knowledge of database and document management concepts, including information retrieval practices.
» Apply Here