The position is responsible for providing project management and staff support in the Responsible Care and Value Chain Outreach Department. The position is also responsible for assisting Responsible Care program objectives. This includes coordination of the global Responsible Care organization, Responsible Care communications and marketing support, database management, and website content management. The position reports directly to the Senior Director, Responsible Care.
» Apply Here
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the management of the International Council of Chemical Associations’ Responsible Care Leadership Group, including maintenance of committee rosters, management of international capacity-building activities and organization of international events, conference calls and travel.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of ACC and Responsible Care issues and activities.
- Supports communications programs, including coordinating updates to the website and writing, editing and reviewing certain materials involving Responsible Care issues and programs.
- Designs and develops communications and outreach programs for Responsible Care and Value Chain Outreach workshops and webinars in cooperation with the Responsible Care Manager.
- Responds to members and partners, ACC staff and public inquiries; provides substantive answers and materials as needed or make referrals to the appropriate Council staff; tracks member participation in ACC Responsible Care events; provides monthly analysis of member support and outreach programs.
- Maintains performance metrics database and Responsible Care awards program in cooperation with Responsible Care Manager.
- Contributes to and participates in annual ACC Responsible Care Conference.
- Works with internal staff to develop meeting materials and prepares and distributes meeting records and action item memos and coordinate appropriate legal review.
- Participates in the development and review of research proposals and manages assigned sponsored research projects, as well as manages the development of tools to communicate results of research studies to specific audiences.
- Supports strategic relationships with domestic and international organizations and downstream value chain stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Working knowledge of environment, health and safety regulations and issues.
- Experience supporting complex, multi-stakeholder projects and project teams using consensus-building skills to identify the common ground within seemingly divergent viewpoints.
- Familiarity with manufacturing and product supply chains.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues, projects, tasks, and information/requests, as well as use independent judgment in evaluating situations/issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, experience working with internet applications.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Two years professional experience, preferably in health and environmental issue management and product sustainability.
- Experience working in a trade association, regulatory agency or health, safety and environmental consulting/business experience.
- Experience in applying quantitative analysis and sound science principles to support policy advocacy objectives.
» Apply Here