Contact: Patrick Hurston (202) 249-6506
WASHINGTON (November 13, 2012)
- The American Chemistry Council's (ACC) Board of Directors last week approved the addition of six new manufacturing member companies, three new Affiliate member companies and two new Responsible Care® Partner companies.
"ACC continues to lead the effort to increase understanding and appreciation of the business of chemistry. Through our ongoing advocacy, member programs, and communications, we work to secure common sense, science-driven policies that promote innovation, protect U.S. jobs, and enhance the safety of our products and processes. Companies large and small, throughout the entire value chain, recognize the bottom line business value of ACC membership," said
, president and chief executive officer of ACC.
The addition of the nine new members affirms ACC's position as the largest association to represent all aspects of the chemical industry, from manufacturing and marketing to distribution and disposal.
The companies approved last week represent a wide range of products and services, including activated carbon and water treatment systems, adhesives and coatings, microencapsulation, thermoplastics and vinyl resins, and sodium hypochlorite, to name a few. The new members are:
- Calgon Carbon Corporation, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Diversified Chemical Technologies, Inc., Detroit, Mich.
- ENCAPSYS, A Division of Appleton, Appleton, Wis.
- Koppers Inc., Pittsburgh, Pa.
- PolyOne U.S., Avon Lake, Ohio
- Trinity Manufacturing, Inc., Hamlet, N.C.
ACC's Board of Directors also approved the following Affiliate members:
- Agility Logistics Solutions, Inc., Houston, Texas
- Colonial Chemical Solutions, Savannah, Ga.
- Orbital Engineering, Inc., Pittsburgh, Pa.
Responsible Care Partner Companies
are Eagle Transportation Corporation, Rocky Mount, N.C. and Liquid Cargo, Inc., Palm Beach, Fla.
Learn more about