Contact: Patrick Hurston, (202) 249-6506
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June 4, 2014) – The American Chemistry Council (ACC) approved the addition of nine new members at its board of directors meeting today. The additions include five new manufacturing member companies, as well as three Affiliate member companies and one Associate member company. The diverse operations of the new members include chemical manufacturing; engineering services; logistics; transportation; trading; and operational consulting.
Regular members approved today include:
- Dexco Polymers, one of the largest styrenic block copolymer producers in the world;
- Elevance Renewable Sciences, a leader in transforming natural oils into specialty products in areas such as personal care and detergents;
- Kraton Performance Polymers, a prominent global producer of engineered polymers;
- PeroxyChem LLC, a global manufacturer and supplier of oxidative solutions including hydrogen peroxide; and,
- Velsicol Chemical LLC, a specialty and commodity chemical company that manufactures, distributes, and sells a diverse range of performance chemicals.
ACC’s board of directors also approved eight new Responsible Care® Partners and two new product groups.
||I am incredibly pleased to welcome such a broad group of new members to ACC. The addition of these new companies, as well as our new Partners and product groups, enhances ACC’s depth and breadth of representation throughout the chemical industry and the value chain. Any association is only as strong as its members, and I look forward to the contributions these companies will bring to our organization.
--ACC President and CEO Cal Dooley
ACC’s new Affiliate member companies are:
- EPI Engineering, an engineering firm providing energy, water and process efficiency and optimization services;
- Transplace, a logistics and transportation services provider; and,
- Tricon, a petrochemical and polymer trading firm.
MTG Ltd. is ACC’s newest Associate member company, and is an operational consulting firm specializing in the chemicals, petrochemical, and oil and gas industries.
The new Responsible Care Partners include:
- Cargo Services, Inc.
- CSX Transportation
- Girton Propane Service, Inc. / G-Wash LLC
- Greenbelt Transport (Business unit of United Suppliers)
- Sardo & Sons Warehousing, Inc.
- Sentinel Transportation, LLC
- Southern Towing Company
- Transplace Chemical Logistics
The new product groups include:
- Benzene Endocrine Disruptor Screening Program Consortium
- Cumene Panel
Learn more about ACC’s Regular, Affiliate and Associate membership levels, as well as our Responsible Care Partner program and Product groups.