Contact: Patrick Hurston (202) 249-6506
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June 3, 2014) – During today's annual business meeting, the American Chemistry Council (ACC) approved nineteen individuals to serve on the ACC's board of directors for new or extended terms beginning January 1, 2015.
"The leadership of our board members continues to ensure that ACC will deliver on our mission of creating business value through exceptional advocacy. As ACC continues to expand, disciplined, strong leadership grows ever more important," said ACC President and CEO Cal Dooley.
The ACC board of directors sets council policy, provides strategic direction, and approves advocacy priorities and the annual budget.
The following individuals were approved to serve on the ACC board of directors:
For terms beginning on January 1, 2015 and ending December 31, 2015:
- Fred Palensky, Executive Vice President, Research & Development; Chief Technology Officer, 3M
- Hugh Welsh, President & General Counsel, DSM
For terms beginning on January 1, 2015 and ending December 31, 2016:
- Dean Cordle, President & CEO, A C & S, Incorporated
- Christopher Pappas, President & CEO, Styron LLC
For terms beginning on January 1, 2015 and ending December 31, 2017:
- Richard Bedell, Senior Vice President of Refining, Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Michael Boyce, Chairman & CEO, PQ Corporation
- Steve Cornell, Executive Vice President, International Operations, Sasol North America, Inc.
- Philippe Doligez, President & CEO, Total Petrochemicals & Refining USA, Inc.
- Hans Engel, Chairman & CEO, BASF Corporation
- Fred Festa, Chairman & CEO, W.R. Grace & Co.
- Michael J. Graff, Chairman & CEO, American Air Liquide Holdings, Inc.
- Robert Hansen, Chairman, President & CEO, Dow Corning Corporation
- Michael Lacey, President, North America Zone, Solvay America, Inc.
- Jose-Alberto Lima, Vice President, New Business Development & Ventures, Shell Chemical LP
- Michael McDonnell, President & CEO, TPC Group
- Craig Morrison, Chairman, President & CEO, Momentive Performance Materials Holdings LLC
- Joseph Rupp, Chairman & CEO, Olin Corporation
- Thomas Shepherd, CEO, The Shepherd Chemical Company
- F. Quinn Stepan, Jr., President & CEO, Stepan Company
"We welcome these new individuals to serve on our board of directors, and I know that their experience and hard work will be a great addition to ACC," said Dooley.
Learn more about ACC membership »