Contact: Patrick Hurston (202) 249-6506
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June 5, 2012)
- The American Chemistry Council (ACC) today at its annual business meeting elected sixteen individuals to serve on the ACC's board of directors for terms beginning January 1, 2013.
"ACC's dedicated, disciplined and engaged board of directors has helped put the Council in a stronger position than ever before," said
, ACC's President and CEO. "The leadership of our board members will ensure that we continue to deliver on our mission of creating business value through exceptional advocacy."
The ACC board of directors sets council policy, provides strategic direction, and approves advocacy priorities and the annual budget.
"As we set our sights on what the Congress and the White House may look like in 2013, our board of directors will help guide us through the challenging political and economic climate driving Washington. We will continue to build on our current foundation to
develop common sense policies
and regulations that support our members' ability to create the groundbreaking products that are improving the world all around us," added Dooley.
The following individuals were elected to serve terms beginning January 1, 2013:
For a term beginning on January 1, 2013 and ending December 31, 2013:
- Frederick Palensky, Executive Vice President, Research & Development; Chief Technology Officer,
For a term beginning on January 1, 2013 and ending December 31, 2014:
For terms beginning on January 1, 2013 and ending December 31, 2015:
- Tom Bates, President,
Evonik Degussa Corporation
- Graeme Burnett, President & CEO,
Total Petrochemicals & Refining USA, Inc.
- John Dearborn, Vice President, Americas,
- Joe Harlan, President, Performance Materials Division,
- James Harton, President,
Rhodia Inc., a Member of the Solvay Group
- Luke Kissam, President & CEO,
- Stephen Large, President & CEO,
- Laurent Lenoir, Chief Executive Officer,
- Jerry MacCleary, President, NAFTA Region, Bayer MaterialScience, LLC,
- Michael McGarry, Senior Vice President, Commodity Chemicals,
PPG Industries, Inc.
- Fernando Musa, CEO,
Braskem America, Inc.
- Bernard Roche, President & CEO,
- Francis Sherman, President,
Akzo Nobel Chemicals, Inc.
- Tim Strehl, President,
Ascend Performance Materials LLC
From its first-class advocacy and
initiative to executive-level networking opportunities, benchmarking, and economic consulting services, ACC membership provides an immediate return on investment.
To learn more about ACC membership, visit