Lisa Harrison (703) 989-6645
June 9, 2010
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO (June 9, 2010) – The American Chemistry Council (ACC) today at its annual meeting elected a new board of directors to begin serving its term on January 1, 2011.
“I congratulate each and every one of ACC’s new board members. Together we share a commitment to fostering progress in our industry, economy, environment, and society,” said ACC President and CEO Cal Dooley. “As we continue to face an evolving and challenging political climate, the leadership of these members will ensure that the ACC remains a constructive partner on public policy initiatives affecting the vitality of our industry,” he added.
The ACC Board of Directors sets council policy, provides overall strategic direction, and approves advocacy priorities and the annual budget.
The following individuals will serve terms beginning January 1, 2011 and ending December 31, 2011:
- Warren Huang, President, Afton Chemical Corporation
- Thomas L. Shepherd, Chairman and CEO, The Shepherd Chemical Company
For terms beginning on January 1, 2011 and ending December 31, 2012:
- Michael E. Campbell, Chairman, President and CEO, Arch Chemicals, Inc.
- John Rekers, President, Milliken Chemical
For terms beginning on January 1, 2011 and ending December 31, 2013:
- Pierre Brondeau, President and CEO, FMC Corporation
- Inga Carus, President and CEO, Carus Corporation
- Greg Garland, President and CEO, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
- Andreas Kramvis, President and CEO, Specialty Materials, Honeywell
- James J. O’Brien, Chairman and CEO, Ashland Inc.
- John Paro, Chairman, President and CEO, The HallStar Company
- Patrick Prevost, President and CEO, Cabot Corporation
- Steve Pryor, President, ExxonMobil Chemical Company
- Ed Rose, President, Specialty Chemicals Division, MeadWestvaco Corporation
- James P. Rogers, President & CEO, Eastman Chemical Company
- Craig Rogerson, Chairman, President and CEO, Chemtura
- Mark C. Rohr, Chairman, President and CEO, Albemarle Corporation
- Sven Royall, Vice President, Global Intermediates, Shell Chemical LP
- Charlie W. Shaver, President and CEO, TPC Group Inc.
- Gary Spitzer, President, Chemicals and Fluoroproducts, DuPont
- Dave Weidman, Chairman and CEO, Celanese Corporation
The ACC’s mission is to deliver business value to its members through exceptional advocacy based on enhanced member performance, high-quality scientific research, communications, effective participation in the political process, and a commitment to sustainable development.