Contact: Patrick Hurston (202) 249-6506
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO (June 8, 2011) – The American Chemistry Council (ACC) announced the addition of four new member companies, as well as the approval of four new Responsible Care® Partner companies as part of its annual meeting in Colorado Springs, CO.
“Our growth in membership is a direct result of the value of ACC’s strategic advocacy, performance programs like Responsible Care and high-level, CEO to CEO networking opportunities,” said Cal Dooley, ACC’s president and CEO. “Together these and other offerings help our members navigate what is often a very challenging business, regulatory and political climate,” he added.
“Companies of all sizes engaged in the business of chemistry appreciate the strength of our voice as we work with policymakers to help them understand our industry’s contributions in helping to solve some of our country’s biggest challenges by driving innovation; creating jobs and enhancing safety,” Dooley said.
The four new members represent diversity in the chemical manufacturing sector, producing products ranging from epoxy curing agents and pharmaceutical intermediates to acrylonitrile and styrene-butadiene rubber. Two of the new members were approved in April and the others were approved at today’s board of directors meeting. The four companies are:
- Ascend Performance Materials, LLC of Houston, TX
- Lion Copolymer of Baton Rouge, LA
- A C & S of Nitro, WV
- ASK Chemicals, L.P. of Dublin, OH
The new Responsible Care Partner Companies include:
- American Railcar Industries, Inc. – Railcar Manufacturing Division of St. Charles, MO
- Emergency Response & Training Solutions of Chagrin Falls, OH
- Integrated Transportation Services of Channelview, TX
- Menlo Worldwide Logistics – Chemicals Group of San Mateo, CA
To learn more about ACC membership, visit www.americanchemistry.com/membership