Established in 1971 as a public service of the American Chemistry Council (ACC), CHEMTREC is an around-the-clock service available to fire fighters, law enforcement officials and other emergency responders who need immediate critical response information for emergency incidents involving chemicals, hazardous materials and dangerous goods. CHEMTREC’s highly trained personnel receive hundreds of calls every day and provide assistance during incidents that range from minor to critical.
CHEMTREC also provides services that allow shippers of hazardous materials to comply with government hazardous materials regulations. CHEMTREC continues to build new relationships with international manufacturers, shippers and emergency response organizations, as well as offering expanded services for customers who ship globally.
- CHEMTREC has been in operation for over 40 years.
- CHEMTREC has access to the largest network of chemical and hazardous materials experts in the world to provide product expertise, medical and toxicological advice, and response information during hazardous materials emergencies.
- CHEMTREC's Operations Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- CHEMTREC takes calls from anywhere in the world.
- CHEMTREC has interpretation capabilities in over 180 languages to assist non-English speakers during an emergency.
- CHEMTREC has immediate access to a library of over five million material safety data sheets (SDS).
- CHEMTREC is a sponsor of TRANSCAER® (TRANSportation Community Awareness and Emergency Response), a voluntary outreach effort in the USA that focuses on assisting communities in preparing for and responding to a possible hazardous material transportation incident.
Learn more about transportation safety.