CHEMTREC®: Senior Director, Sales and Marketing
The position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of CHEMTREC’s sales and marketing programs. The position will have specific focus on leads generation, sales and new business development; new business plan development; and social and web media development and delivery. The position will also be responsible for completing sales forecasts and developing and tracking of key process indicators (KPIs) demonstrating effectiveness of strategic plan execution. The position reports directly to the Chief Executive,
» Apply Here
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales and Marketing:
- Manages all aspects of CHEMTREC new business development efforts, including creation and conversion of sales and marketing leads, developing sales processes, overseeing new customer capture plans, and leading customer segmentation and characterization activities.
- Oversees the overall work activities of employees within the sales and marketing group, including establishing performance objectives, conducting performance reviews, and facilitating employee development for direct reports.
- Directs sales activity by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Develops and manages sales and marketing operating budgets.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives fall within expected plans.
- Analyzes CHEMTREC’s Microsoft Dynamics CRM sales database and dashboards and enhances data tracking to increase sales and other growth initiatives’ performance.
- Monitors and prioritizes Level 1 (L1), upgrades and other new leads and opportunities sales queues.
- Improves the sales process, reduces lead and opportunity backlogs and reduces process pinch points.
- Tracks, monitors and reports on CHEMTREC growth initiatives; specifically for L1 sales and upgrades; relationship-building; and new Safety Data Sheet (SDS) program development.
- Communicates with Chief Executive and other CHEMTREC Directors regarding progress and pace on priority initiatives and progress toward annual sales goals.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts sales and marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors and reports on competitor services, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of sales and marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent and professional corporate image throughout all CHEMTREC service lines, promotional materials, marketing collateral and events.
- Manages representation of CHEMTREC at tradeshows and similar events.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Prepares scheduled and periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and progress toward monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Works with CHEMTREC Financial Operations to understand financial results of efforts and further develop reports and tools to communicate progress.
- Leads CRM sales tool development and management efforts, including driving sales team compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM sales and marketing data, and working closely with IT to optimize tools.
- Assists with development of sales compensation and incentive plans focused on driving growth.
Web and Digital Media:
- Directs the management of CHEMTREC social media platforms, social media intelligence, conducting competitive intelligence research, and coordinating all social media and website development and management.
- Ensures optimum website functionality and software updates.
- Monitors, assesses, and reports on website marketing performance.
- Ensures domain registration and hosting are current.
- Ensures the development and updating of content.
- Ensures the conducting of online marketing projects, including search engine optimization (SEO).
- Ensures that website statistics are captured and analyzed for website marketing and communications effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
» Apply Here
- 10 years progressive leadership experience in a business environment.
- 10 years of sales and marketing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hazardous materials transportation and understanding of the hazardous materials transportation regulatory scheme.
- Demonstrated knowledge of chemical or chemical-related industry.
- Business development and sales management, marketing management; share of P&L responsibility; forecasting responsibility; KPI and metric development.
- Ability to cultivate and manage high quality stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to process complex, technical, verbal and written information for the purposes of establishing strategy, direction and action plans.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, as well as the ability to give internal and public presentations.
- Demonstrated expertise as a senior-level leader with demonstrated skills in leading, coaching and mentoring all levels of staff.
- Ability to build consensus, work in a team environment, and coordinate across multiple groups within a large organization.
- Extensive domestic and international travel.
- MBA with concentration in marketing or international business.
» Apply Here