Communications: Coordinator, Product & Value Chain Communications
The position is responsible for supporting the Product and Value Chain Communications work units, including conducting research, maintaining electronic and paper-based files, maintaining distribution lists, responding to American Chemistry Council (ACC) staff and member inquiries, proofreading and providing editorial assistance, and writing draft documents. The position reports directly to the Senior Director, Strategic Communications.
» Apply Here
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquires working knowledge of ACC and the Chemical Products and Technology, Value Chain and Plastics divisions.
- Composes and drafts various correspondences and communications materials (e.g., In Case You Missed It alerts, letters, memoranda, meeting agendas and reports) for review using a variety of computer applications. Assists with materials development, design and distribution, including basic graphic design and page layout, as needed.
- Assists with electronic communications, web copy, newsletters and general copy editing, as needed, as well as reviews web sites for content updates and specific information that should be updated or added.
- Maintains media database and other tools to enhance media relations, including internal media lists, as well as manages press release distributions and appropriate follow up.
- Coordinates with ACC self-funded group managers, ACC Product Communications team and vendor(s) to manage ACC product-specific news clips, including reviewing content for appropriateness, updating keywords and keeping member lists up-to-date.
- Serves as primary ACC internal contact for communication initiatives for self-funded groups, as needed.
- Updates and maintain listing of Communications Product team assignments relative to the ACC’s self-funded groups.
- Updates and maintains department records and reports, as well as ensures the security of confidential records and reports.
- Establishes and maintains a structure and system that facilitates the sharing of files, materials and necessary documents and information, amongst the team.
- Supports Senior Director of Strategic Communications and all team members with logistics and details related to materials, meetings and events.
- Manages internal and external meeting logistics, including agenda and briefing material preparation, location, etc.
- Develops and formats informative documents, as well as distributes press releases and media statements.
- Ensures compliance with ACC standard operating procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
» Apply Here
- Associates degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Three years relevant work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of general office protocols, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point) and internet research skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritize issues, projects, tasks and information.
- Experience with document tracking, filing, and record keeping.
» Apply Here