Contact: Patrick Hurston (202) 249-6506
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June 5, 2013)
- The American Chemistry Council (ACC) approved at its annual board meeting today the regular membership of Axiall Corporation, Addivant USA, LLC, and Blue Ribbon Technology. Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., Axiall was formed by the merger of Georgia Gulf and the commodity chemicals business of PPG and is one of the largest domestic producers of chlor-alkali and chlorovinyl materials. Addivant, with headquarters in Middlebury, Ct., is the former antioxidant and UV stabilizer business of Chemtura Corporation, and now a global leader in specialty additives. Blue Ribbon Technology, Inc. of Houston, Texas manufactures acids, biocides and corrosion and scaling inhibitors used in the drilling, stimulation, producing and pipelining of gas and liquids.
Also approved today were four Affiliate member companies with businesses ranging from logistics and transportation to by-product management. They include:
- BDP International of Philadelphia, Pa.
- CLX Logistics, LLC, of Blue Bell, Pa.
- Inland Star Distribution Centers, Inc., of Fresno, Calif.
- Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation of Danbury, Conn.
- WTS, Inc., of Lewiston, NY
The membership expansion affirms ACC's position as the largest association representing the interests of the chemical industry and its value chain.
"Our increasingly broad and diverse membership only further helps us deliver against our mission of creating business value through exceptional advocacy; and that in turn helps us continue to attract new members up and down the value chain," said American Chemistry Council President and CEO
Since its 2012 annual meeting, including those approved today, ACC has added twenty-three new members across the manufacturing, value chain and chemical product and sector group categories.
Learn more about the value of