Contact: Patrick Hurston (202) 249-6506
WASHINGTON (October 28, 2013)
- On Friday, the American Chemistry Council's (ACC) Board of Directors approved the addition of eight new members, bringing the total number of new members added in 2013 to twenty-two, and making it one of the Council's best years in terms of membership growth. Friday's new member approvals included five Regular member companies, two Affiliate member companies, and one Associate Member company. In addition, ACC added four new Responsible Care® Partner companies and a new Plastics Division product group to its diverse ranks.
"ACC is pleased to welcome these eight new member companies, as we continue to expand our broad membership to represent all aspects of the chemical industry, from manufacturing and marketing to distribution and disposal. We are also excited for the expansion of both the Responsible Care Partner and Plastics Division product group programs and look forward to their continued growth," said ACC President and CEO Cal Dooley. "2013 has brought our industry many new opportunities and new challenges, and we look forward to working with our members, product groups and value chain partners to ensure that the business of chemistry remains a key element of the U.S. economy, providing innovative products and services that make people's lives better, healthier, and safer."
ACC's new Regular member companies represent a wide range of products and services, including coating systems, surface modifications and barrier technology, specialty alumina materials and rare earth powders, specialty chemicals for household, industrial and personal care products, and liquid fuels, chemicals and electricity.
The new Regular members are:
- Axalta Coating Systems LLC, Wilmington, DE
- Inhance Technologies LLC, Houston, TX
- Pacific Industrial Development Corporation, Ann Arbor, MI
- Pilot Chemical Company, Cincinnati, OH
- Sasol North America Inc., Houston, TX
Agilyx Corporation of Beaverton, Oregon, one of ACC's two new Affiliate members, converts difficult-to-recycle waste plastics into crude oil. Yokogawa Corporation of America, the second new Affiliate member, located in Sugar Land, Texas, is a leading manufacturer and supplier of equipment for testing, measurement, field instrumentation and process control.
ACC's new Associate member, REACH24H Consulting Group China, of Hangzhou, China provides global regulatory services.
The new Responsible Care Partner Companies are:
- Damco USA Inc., Madison, NJ
- Eldredge, Inc., West Chester, PA
- Go To Transport, Inc., Bay City, MI
- Peoples Services, Inc. Holding Company, Akron, OH
These new partners provide freight, supply chain management, transportation, warehousing and logistics services.
ACC's new Plastics Division product group is:
- Plastics-to-Oil Work Group
The Plastics-to-Oil Work Group will help raise awareness of new technologies that are turning non-recycled plastics into diesel and other fuels.
Learn more about ACC's
membership levels, the
Responsible Care Partner program
, and our
Plastics Division product & market sector groups