Contact: Patrick Hurston (202) 249-6506
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO (June 7, 2011)
- The American Chemistry Council (ACC) today at its annual meeting elected twenty individuals to serve on ACC's board of directors for terms beginning January 1, 2012.
"Our success is largely driven by our dedicated and engaged membership and our incoming board members will help us continue to advance the priorities of the business of chemistry," said
, president and CEO of the American Chemistry Council. "These board members will ensure that ACC remains a constructive partner on key public policy initiatives by helping our elected officials understand how our industry helps solve critical challenges facing our nation. I congratulate and welcome each one of these individuals," he added.
The ACC board of directors sets council
, provides overall strategic direction and, approves advocacy priorities and the annual budget.
The following individuals were elected to serve terms beginning January 1, 2012:
- Joseph D. Greulich, President & CEO,
Anderson Development Company
- Warren Huang, President,
Afton Chemical Corporation
- Bruce Rubin, Senior VP, External Affairs & Business Development,
Braskem America, Inc.
- Peter Cella, President & CEO,
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
- Michael R. Boyce, Chairman & CEO,
- Randall S. Dearth, President & CEO,
- Hans Engel, Chairman & CEO,
- Fred Festa, Chairman, President & CEO,
W.R. Grace & Co.
- Shane Fleming, Chairman, President & CEO,
Cytec Industries, Inc.
- Jim Gallogly, CEO,
LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
- Michael J. Graff, President & CEO,
Air Liquide USA, LLC
- Sunil Kumar, President & CEO,
ISP Chemco, Inc.
- Michael McDonnell, President & CEO,
TPC Group, Inc.
- John E. McGlade, Chairman, President & CEO,
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- James B. Nicholson, President & CEO,
PVS Chemicals, Inc.
- Christopher D. Pappas, President & CEO,
- Thomas J. Shepherd, CEO,
The Shepherd Chemical Company
- Charles Weidhas, President & CEO,
ICL North America
- Hugh Welsh, President & General Counsel,
- Randy Woelfel, CEO,
NOVA Chemicals, Inc.
ACC's mission is to deliver business value through exceptional advocacy using best-in-class member performance, political engagement, communications and scientific research. We are committed to sustainable development by fostering progress in our economy, environment and society.
ACC membership provides an immediate return on investment through new business opportunities and executive-level networking. To learn more about ACC membership, visit