Patrick Hurston (202) 249-6506
September 22, 2010
WASHINGTON, DC (September 22, 2010) - The American Chemistry Council's (ACC) Executive Committee today approved five companies as new regular
. It also approved seats on ACC's Board of Directors for Jim Gallogly, chief executive officer of LyondellBasell Industries NV and Bruce Rubin, senior vice president of external affairs and business development of Braskem PP Americas. Mr. Gallogly was also appointed to serve on the association's Executive Committee.
"The companies that joined us today are some of the largest in their product marketplace, and significantly strengthen the unified voice of our industry," said ACC President and CEO
. "In this dynamic climate, ACC's growth continues to be driven by its refocused mission of creating business value through exceptional advocacy. Our expansion is a reflection of the results we are delivering to the entire value chain," he added.
The new members approved today are:
- Braskem PP Americas, Inc. of Philadelphia, PA; one of the leading producers of polypropylene in the U.S.;
- Galata Chemicals of Southbury, CT; one of the world's largest producers of additives for polyvinyl chloride and other industries;
- LyondellBasell of Houston, TX; one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a major process technology licensor;
- MonoSol, LLC of Merrillville, IN; one of the world's leading manufacturers of water soluble films and solutions; and
- Styron LLC of Midland, MI; a leading producer of plastics, latex, and rubber.
"LyondellBasell is pleased to join other leading companies in our industry as participating members of the American Chemistry Council," said Jim Gallogly, chief executive officer of LyondellBasell. "The next few years hold both opportunities and challenges for the U.S. chemical industry. ACC membership allows us to work as a collective and constructive partner on public policy to promote a favorable business climate in which to operate."
"ACC offers new thinking and innovative approaches to address some very complex issues," added Braskem Senior Vice President of External Affairs and Business Development Bruce Rubin. "As the leading voice of the industry, its collaborative approach has created a seat at the table on virtually every major policy initiative."
The Executive Committee today also approved two Responsible Care® Partner Companies, Command Transportation and Langer Transport Corporation, as well as two Associate members, ADT Advanced Integration and KPMG.
With today's additions, ACC has added eighteen new members and nine Responsible Care Partners to its rosters since the beginning of the year.
To learn more about ACC membership, visit