Contact: Patrick Hurston (202) 249-6506
WASHINGTON (February 8, 2013)
- The American Chemistry Council's (ACC) board of directors yesterday approved the addition of three new manufacturing member companies, two new Affiliate member companies, one new Associate member company and one new Responsible Care® Partner company. The Industrial Metal Catalyst Manufacturing Group also joined as a new product and market sector group under ACC's Chemical Product and Technology Division.
"The chemical industry is the cornerstone of this country's manufacturing future, so it's vitally important that we have common-sense, science-driven policies that encourage marketplace competition, fuel economic growth, and spur the innovations that make the world a better and safer place," said ACC President and CEO
. "Starting a new year with sustained growth really affirms the good work that we continue to do here at ACC as we make steady progress toward those goals," Dooley added.
In 2012, ACC added a total of nineteen new members in addition to eight product and sector groups.
The companies approved last week represent a wide range of products and services, including pigments, coatings and printing inks, as well as cleaners, lubricants and water treatment chemistry. The new regular members are:
- Eckart America Corporation of Painesville, Ohio
- Hubbard-Hall Inc., of Waterbury, Conn.
- SACHEM, Inc., of Austin, Texas
ACC's board of directors also approved the following Affiliate members:
- Compass Forwarding Company, Inc., of Jamaica, N.Y.
- Foxolution SE CC, of Cape Town, South Africa
The following Associate member was approved:
- Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, of Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
The new Responsible Care Partner Company is Wynne Transport Service, of Omaha, Neb.
Learn more about