Contact: Marie Francis (202) 249-6514
Updated Course Schedule Provides Attendees New Opportunities to Expand Technical Expertise
WASHINGTON, D.C. (July 7, 2011)
- The Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI) of the American Chemistry Council announced today changes to the popular Polyurethanes Professional Development Program (PDP). The chair and vice chair of the PDP Committee for CPI, Juan Carlos Medina of Dow and Dick Werner of Cannon USA, have spearheaded an enhanced program that will be part of the Polyurethanes 2011 Technical Conference, which takes place September 26-28 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tenn.
In response to student feedback, the program's three introductory courses - PU 101, PU 102 and PU 103 - have been scheduled to allow beginners to attend one introductory course each day. In addition, the formerly one-day PU 104 CASE course has been expanded into two full-day seminars - PU 104A and PU 104B - to enable attendees to achieve a greater understanding of each polyurethane application and to allow for increased classroom discussion. This year's two PU 104 courses have also been scheduled to allow participants to attend both the conference's elastomers and footwear, and CASE technical sessions.
"The Polyurethanes Professional Development Program, as part of the Polyurethanes 2011 Technical Conference, offers an unmatched education and training opportunity for the global polyurethanes industry," said Lee Salamone, senior director of CPI. "The changes to this year's PDP schedule allow attendees to get the most out of the conference. This is the eighth year CPI has offered the PDP program, and we look forward to continually enhancing the curriculum to fit our industry's evolving needs."
Kicking off one day ahead of the official conference opening, the Polyurethanes PDP will begin on Sunday, September 25 and offers eight seminars taught by industry experts. During the three-day program, attendees can take advantage of seminars on topics ranging from introductory polyurethane chemistry and technology to physical testing and raw materials. This year's courses include:
- PU 101: Introduction to Polyurethane Chemistry
- PU 102: Introduction to Polyurethane Technology and Products
- PU 103: Polyurethane Markets and Applications
- PU 104A: Polyurethane Sealants, Adhesives and Binders
- PU 104B: Polyurethane Elastomers and Coatings
- PU 105: Polyurethane Processing Equipment
- PU 201: Polyurethane Raw Materials Testing, Specifications and Performance: The Myth and the Magic
- PU 204: Physical Testing of Polyurethane Foams
Registration for the Polyurethanes 2011 Technical Conference is now open. To take advantage of the PDP program, participants must register for the conference and pay a $150 fee. This is a single set fee of $150 whether attending one or all of the classes. The fee also includes course materials. Participants must register for each seminar of interest to receive the appropriate training materials and are encouraged to secure their spots in the PDP program early. To view the complete schedule for the Polyurethanes PDP or to register, visit
For more information on the conference, including the conference program and sponsorship opportunities, or to register, visit
. Get the latest updates and conference news on
and Twitter. Follow
and use the hashtag #PUtech to join the conversation.