Contact: Scott Lusk, (202) 288-3233
Technical Sessions to Highlight Developments for Diverse Polyurethane Applications
WASHINGTON (July 10, 2014) - The latest developments and innovations in polyurethane processing and composites, as well as the versatility of polyurethane chemistry will be featured during two targeted technical sessions at the
2014 Polyurethanes Technical Conference
. Hosted by the Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI) of the American Chemistry Council (ACC), the conference will take place at the
Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center
in Dallas from Sept. 22 to 24.
"Over the past several years, developments in processing and composites have contributed to significant advancements for polyurethane applications," said Lee Salamone, senior director of CPI. "At this year's conference, attendees can look forward to hearing from experts on cutting edge innovations in both polyurethane chemistry and applications."
Back-to-back sessions on Tuesday, Sept. 23, will cover topics ranging from the latest in polymer composite technologies to improvements in manufacturing systems. These sessions will feature presentations on:
- Designs for rigid urethane production that result in high strength-to-weight ratios for use in any application requiring high strength properties and an automated, customizable mold-creation conveyor system (
- A composite technology that combines rigid polyurethane with chopped glass fiber to create a material capable of replacing steel or cast iron in manhole covers, as well as a new process involving vacuum assisted injection that could help with retrofitting of insulated panels (
- Polyurethane composites that could be used for structural parts in many applications (
- A new, non-foaming, aromatic polyurethane system for filament winding, useful for pipe and tank farm manufacturers (
TSE Industries, Inc
- Improvements in injection molding processes related to footwear design, including an automated, flexible injection molding processes to improve customization options for footwear (
KLÖCKNER DESMA GmbH
- An updated slabstock foaming process capable of producing shorter runs of foam (
- Unique storage systems for blowing agents in-step with the latest safety standards, (
Conference attendees will also have the opportunity to learn about advancements in other areas of the polyurethanes industry, including flexible foams, elastomers, environmental health and safety, construction, and more. To learn more about the conference's full program, counting more than 60 technical presentations by industry experts and government officials,
download the 2014 program overview
. To watch a short preview of the exciting opportunities in store,
Registration is now open and attendees can save $200 by registering by Friday, Aug. 29. To register for the conference, visit CPI's registration page. Hotel reservations should be made directly through the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center by calling (817) 778-3000 or using
this dedicated link
. To receive CPI's group rate, please refer to the Polyurethanes Technical Conference when making your reservation.
Get the latest updates and conference news on
and Twitter. Follow
and use the hashtag
to join the conversation.