WASHINGTON, DC (November 15, 2022) — The American Chemistry Council’s (ACC) Plastics Division is pleased to announce it is hosting its first annual Innovation & Circularity Summit on January 26-27 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando, Fla. Registration for the Summit is now open.
The Innovation & Circularity Summit is the only U.S. conference that will focus on accelerating a circular economy for plastics and growing advanced recycling. The Summit is the premier event that will bring together major components of the plastics recycling value chain to identify opportunities for collaboration and to address challenges to achieving circularity for plastics.
“America’s plastic makers are making significant progress towards creating a circular economy for plastics,” said Joshua Baca, ACC’s vice president of plastics. “Many plastic makers and other companies across the value chain have committed to improving sustainability, including hundreds of consumer product goods companies that committed to incorporate more recycled plastic into their packaging. The Innovation & Circularity Summit will provide an interactive forum to further progress.”
Topics covered at the Summit will include:
- Consumer perceptions of a circular economy.
- Public policies that can help advance a circular economy.
- The role of science and research in policy decision making.
- Barriers to collection, including access and sortation.
- Advanced recycling’s role in achieving a circular economy for plastics.
- Examples of advanced recycling in sectors beyond packaging.
To learn more and to register, visit the Summit’s website