Established in 1971 as a public service of the American Chemistry Council (ACC), CHEMTREC is a 24/7 public service hotline for firefighters, law enforcement officials, and other emergency responders who need immediate critical response information for emergency incidents involving chemicals, hazardous materials, and dangerous goods. CHEMTREC’s highly trained personnel receive hundreds of calls every day and provide assistance for incidents that range from minor to critical.
But, CHEMTREC is more than just a call center; they are an experienced partner who can help reduce risk and internal burdens so your organization can succeed and grow. As an emergency response information provider, they will support you throughout the process of chemical transportation. CHEMTREC continues to build new relationships with international manufacturers, shippers, and emergency response organizations, as well as offering expanded services for customers who ship globally.
- CHEMTREC has been in operation for over 50 years.
- CHEMTREC has immediate access to medical experts and toxicologists who can provide advice and emergency medical treatment assistance to on-scene medical professionals treating victims of product exposure.
- CHEMTREC's Operations Center is available 24/7.
- CHEMTREC takes calls from anywhere in the world.
- CHEMTREC has interpretation capabilities in 240+ languages to assist non-English speakers during an emergency.
- CHEMTREC has immediate access to a library of over seven million material safety data sheets (SDS).
- CHEMTREC is a sponsor of TRANSCAER℠ (TRANSportation Community Awareness and Emergency Response), a voluntary outreach program that focuses on assisting communities to prepare for and respond to a possible hazardous material transportation incident.