Trade Policy Vision
Representing many of the world’s most innovative chemicals and materials science companies, ACC shares the U.S. Administration’s vision for a climate- and worker-centric trade policy that benefits all Americans by:
- Accelerating a wide-scale, equitable recovery from the devastation of the COVID-19 pandemic and supporting American workers and businesses that may experience supply chain shocks caused by future public health crises;
- Fostering innovation in sustainable materials, products, and technologies that reduce emissions and increase energy efficiency;
- Mobilizing every segment of society to fight climate change and prevent wide-scale climate disasters; and
- Achieving tangible progress in improving the social, environmental, and economic health of underserved communities around the globe.
Maximizing Chemistry’s Potential
Our industry’s potential to contribute to this vision will depend on a robust partnership between the chemical industry and the U.S. Administration on:
- Incentivizing investment in U.S. chemicals production capacity to enhance competitiveness and spur new jobs, economic growth, and innovation;
- Cultivating resilient and strategically integrated global supply chains that help keep business costs low, workers’ wages high, and essential products readily available;
- Facilitating imports of intermediate inputs that enhance U.S. manufacturing processes and strengthen our industry’s competitive advantage; and
- Boosting exports of innovative chemicals and plastics products that are the foundation of sustainable materials, products, and technologies.