COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June 7, 2023) – The American Chemistry Council (ACC) Board of Directors approved the addition of four new Manufacturing members and two new Associate members at its annual meeting today. The Board also approved three new Responsible Care® Partners.
Manufacturing members approved today include:
- ALTIVIA, a leader in the production of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals, ketones, specialty phosgene derivatives and various tolling products.
- LG Electronics U.S.A., a global producer of petrochemicals, state-of-the-art high-tech specialty materials, and a leader in R&D for life sciences products.
- Valtris Specialty Chemicals, a global leader in specialty chemical additives and precursors, offering innovative solutions and products to customers around the world.
- Viridis Chemical Company, a Nebraska-based operation with a global reach, is a leading producer of renewable and bio-based ethanol products.
Associate members approved today include:
- AlixPartners LLP, a company that works to help businesses respond to challenges — from urgent performance improvement to complex restructuring, from risk mitigation to accelerated transformation.
- Capgemini, which leverages technology to enable business transformation and addresses the entire breadth of business needs, from strategy and design to managing operations.
Responsible Care Partners approved today include:
- Blue Water Shipping, a Danish firm providing global air, water and road logistics for large project moves. The company has been involved in entire plant moves as well as small critical component deliveries for more than 50 years.
- Pulido Transport, a leading asset-based carrier that provides custom transportation solutions for the delivery of chemicals in the oil & gas industry.
- Univar Solutions, a leading member of the chemical distribution industry for more than 90 years with operations in 150 countries.
ACC’s Responsible Care Partner program extends Responsible Care’s ethic of safety and sustainability to organizations in the chemical supply chain, including logistics, transportation and distribution, among others. Partners adhere to the same Responsible Care commitments as Manufacturing Members.
“ACC is excited to welcome these new member companies and partners,” said ACC President and CEO, Chris Jahn. “They join a large group of strong and committed organizations that are dedicated to advancing our industry’s policies and innovating solutions to some of our world’s greatest challenges. ACC’s continued growth demonstrates how essential the business of chemistry is to the economy and society by enabling people to live happier, healthier and more prosperous lives, safely and sustainably for generations to come.”