Chemical Information Technology Center (ChemITC) - American Chemistry Council
The Backbone of Modern Society
Information technology (IT)—the hardware and software required for the processing of data and other information—is the backbone of nearly every aspect of today’s modern society. Reliable information technology is key to engineering new scientific and chemical developments, managing the supply chain, executing processes in plants, maintaining productivity in offices, storing employee benefit and payroll information and securing business and manufacturing control systems.
Chemical Information Technology Center Facts
- The chemical sector uses information technology to streamline the delivery of products and services.
- ChemITC is committed to advancing the use of information technology to streamline processes, improve decision-making and support individual company business objectives
- ChemITC uses our industry position to advance IT solutions that help enable companies to produce and deliver products and services more safely, securely and efficiently.
- ChemITC leverages the diverse experiences and background of industry leaders like yourself to address common manufacturing control and IT issues.
- ChemITC is an advocate in important IT legislative or regulatory matters that influence industry priorities and the future direction of IT in the chemical sector.
Chemical Information Technology Center Members
ChemITC members are information technology executives from ACC member companies committed to improving the use of technology in the chemical industry. Through strategic programs dedicated to key information technology issues, public advocacy of IT solutions and the exchange of useful IT information, ChemITC members help promote the advancement of IT to help chemical companies deliver products essential to society.