America’s Plastic Makers supply innovative products and materials used in our high-rises and our homes to deliver quality construction. Instituting updated energy codes allows new construction to better align with current energy efficiency and climate priorities. Energy efficient buildings reduce impact on the environment and create opportunities for businesses and industry by promoting new efficient technologies and reducing energy waste.
ACC strongly supports measures to increase the energy efficiency requirements applied to insulation levels and airtightness of new construction and renovations. Updating energy codes is often the lowest cost option for meeting energy demand and reducing energy waste.
Model energy codes for residential and commercial buildings are projected to save:
- $126 billion energy cost savings
- 841 MMT of avoided CO2 emissions
- 12.82 quads of primary energy
These savings equate to the annual emissions of:
- 177 million passenger vehicles
- 245 coal power plants
- 89 million homes
* Cumulative 2010-2040
- ACC Letter Opposing H.R. 5673 – STORM Technical Corrections Act
- Efficiency Requirements for New Federally Financed Homes Will Create Jobs and Cut Emissions
- Update of Energy Code Requirements for Federally Backed New Home Mortgage Products
- Letter Supporting Construction Codes-Standards for Infrastructure
Bill Advances Clean Energy Technology Development