Silicones Environmental, Health, and Safety Center (SEHSC)
- Silicones are used across some of the most strenuous and yet some of the most sensitive applications.
- They add "industrial" to the "strength" of coatings, sealants and joints in skyscrapers, bridges, highways and ocean vessels.
- Used in personal care products and health care, they make lotions, topical medications and skin adhesives easy to apply and less irritating.
- Regardless of the application, silicones' wide-ranging properties make them a key ingredient in thousands of consumer and industrial materials.
- Silicones' versatility stems from their performance and protective qualities.