“EPU 44 proves it’s possible to have highly-sustainable materials without sacrificing performance. Our team is honored to be recognized for creating a bio-derived 3D-printable elastomer. EPU 44 is well-suited for products that need to be highly resilient and durable, such as the midsoles in running shoes. It offers an advantageous alternative to traditional foam materials because of its tear strength, energy return, and elongation at break and unlocks tunable and unique compression profiles that enable excellent cushioning and comfort.”
Polyurethane Innovation Award Program
Each year, CPI presents the Polyurethane Innovation Award program, which highlights the role that innovation plays in the polyurethanes industry and recognizes companies and individuals whose vision and perseverance bring new products, technologies, and initiatives to the marketplace. CPI presents the Innovation Award at the annual Polyurethanes Technical Conference. This year’s conference is September 25-27, at the Marriott Rivercenter in San Antonio, TX.
Polyurethane Innovation Award Application
The application process for the 2023 Polyurethane Innovation Award is now open.
Eligibility for the 2023 Polyurethane Innovation Award
Entries must qualify for each of the following criteria:
- Products entered must have entered the market, for the first time, between June 18, 2021 and June 19, 2023.
- Entries submitted in a previous year are not eligible for resubmission.
- Entries pertaining to a polyurethane product or polyurethane manufacture are required to relate to polyurethane chemistry, which the Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI) expressly defines, for purposes of this Award, as the reaction of an isocyanate with a polyol. Innovations in polyurethane chemistry could include finished products, initiatives, training or education programs, or processes or processing equipment.
All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. EDT on June 19, 2023. Selected Finalists are notified in late July.
Selection of Finalists:
A panel of judges, comprised of experts representing technical disciplines and the polyurethane supply chain, evaluate all eligible submissions. Judges evaluate and score all entries based on impact on the polyurethanes industry, uniqueness of the innovation, quality of the science and societal impact. The submissions with the highest scores are selected as finalists for the Polyurethane Innovation Award.
Voting for the Polyurethane Innovation Award takes place during the Opening of the Polyurethanes Technical Conference. Each individual Conference registrant can cast one vote for one finalist. The finalist with the most votes receives an additional 20 points added to the judges’ score. The Innovation with the highest total score is deemed the winner and announced during conclusion of the Conference at the Awards Luncheon.
The Polyurethane Innovation Award Winner
The winner is:
- Presented an award during the Awards Luncheon of the Polyurethanes Technical Conference;
- Announced in a CPI news release distributed to the media;
- Featured on the Innovation Award page of the CPI website through which visitors will be able to learn more about the innovation;
- Provided use of the Polyurethane Innovation Award logo to showcase its achievement;
- Provided one complimentary registration to the following year's Conference;
- Showcased at the following year's Polyurethanes Technical Conference.
All materials submitted in support of an Innovation Award application are not returned. By submitting an application, the applicant grants CPI an unlimited, unrestricted, royalty-free license to use submitted application materials for purposes of promoting the Polyurethanes Technical Conference and/or Polyurethane Innovation Award program in any medium.
Any changes to these dates or policies will be posted on this web page.