Polyurethane Innovation Award Program
Each year, CPI presents the Polyurethane Innovation Award program, which highlights the role that innovation plays in the polyurethane industry and recognizes companies and individuals whose vision and perseverance bring new products, technologies and initiatives to the marketplace. We are proud of our industry’s continued leadership in innovative solutions and advances in technology and are excited to see the most recent products and innovations that entered into the market for the first time between June 16, 2018 to June 15, 2021. CPI will present the next Innovation Award at the 2021 Polyurethanes Technical Conference at the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center in Denver, CO on October 5-7, 2021.
With the many companies in the polyurethane industry all developing leading edge technology, Demilec was extremely honored to be recognized with the CPI Innovation Award. This recognition of the years of hard work from a team of dedicated chemists was a significant milestone for the entire company. Industry validation of the world class innovation, reinforced to our customers Demilec’s focus on bringing the best products to the market. Demilec, and our parent company, Huntsman, saw a renewed energy around innovating for the future.
Eligibility for the 2021 Polyurethane Innovation Award:
Entries must qualify for each of the following criteria:
- Products entered must have entered the market, for the first time, between June 16, 2018 and June 15, 2021.
- Entries submitted in a previous year are not eligible for resubmission.
- Entries pertaining to a polyurethane product or polyurethane manufacture are required to relate to polyurethane chemistry, which the Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI) expressly defines, for purposes of this Award, as the reaction of an isocyanate with a polyol. Innovations in polyurethane chemistry could include finished products, initiatives, training or education programs, or processes or processing equipment.
All entries were due for submission by 5:00 p.m. EDT on June 15, 2021. Selected finalists will be notified in August of 2021.
Selection of Finalists:
A panel of judges, comprised of experts representing technical disciplines and the polyurethane supply chain, will evaluate all eligible submissions. Judges will evaluate and score all entries based on impact on the polyurethanes industry, uniqueness of the innovation, quality of the science and societal impact. The three submissions with the highest scores will be selected as finalists for the 2021 Polyurethane Innovation Award.
Voting for the Polyurethane Innovation Award will take place during the Opening Session or equivalent of the 2021 Polyurethanes Technical Conference (Conference) on Tuesday, October 5. Each individual Conference registrant attending the Opening Session or equivalent may cast one vote for one finalist. The finalist with the most votes will receive an additional 20 points to be added to the judges’ score. The Innovation with the highest total score will be deemed the winner and announced on Thursday, October 7, 2021, during conclusion of the Conference at the Awards Luncheon or equivalent.
The Polyurethane Innovation Award Winner
The winner is:
- Presented an award during the Awards Luncheon of the Polyurethanes Technical Conference;
- Announced in a CPI news release distributed to the media;
- Featured on the Innovation Award page of the CPI website through which visitors will be able to learn more about the innovation;
- Provided use of the Polyurethane Innovation Award logo to showcase its achievement;
- Provided one complimentary registration to the following year's Conference;
- Showcased at the following year's Polyurethanes Technical Conference.
All materials submitted in support of an Innovation Award application will not be returned. By submitting an application, the applicant grants CPI an unlimited, unrestricted, royalty-free license to use submitted application materials for purposes of promoting the Polyurethanes Technical Conference and/or Polyurethane Innovation Award program in any medium.