Polyurethane Innovation Award Program
October 3-5, 2022 • National Harbor, MD • #PolyCon22
Each year, CPI presents the Polyurethane Innovation Award program, which highlights the role that innovation plays in the polyurethanes industry and recognizes companies and individuals whose vision and perseverance bring new products, technologies, and initiatives to the marketplace. CPI presents the Innovation Award at the annual Polyurethanes Technical Conference. This year’s conference is October 3-5, at the Gaylord National Harbor in National Harbor, MD.
Eligibility for the 2022 Polyurethane Innovation Award
Entries must qualify for each of the following criteria:
- Products must have entered the market, for the first time, between June 17, 2020 and June 16, 2022.
- Entries submitted in a previous year are not eligible for resubmission.
- Entries pertaining to a polyurethane product or polyurethane manufacture are required to relate to polyurethane chemistry, which the Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI) expressly defines, for purposes of this Award, as the reaction of an isocyanate with a polyol. Innovations in polyurethane chemistry could include finished products, initiatives, training or education programs, or processes or processing equipment.
The Huntsman team is pleased to accept the 2021 Polyurethane Innovation Award. Years of planning and joint development have led to this moment and it is a well-deserved accomplishment for both the Huntsman and Pursell Agri-Tech teams. Through the development of PurActive™ polyurethane-based, controlled-release fertilizer coating, built with the RIMLINE® polyurethane system, it is possible to positively impact the world food crisis, a growing issue after the pandemic. We are excited about what this technology brings to the world and the magnitude of issues it can potentially solve.
Selection of Finalists:
A panel of judges, comprised of experts representing technical disciplines and the polyurethane supply chain, evaluate all eligible submissions. Judges evaluate and score all entries based on impact on the polyurethanes industry, uniqueness of the innovation, quality of the science and societal impact. The submissions with the highest scores are selected as finalists for the Polyurethane Innovation Award.
Voting for the Polyurethane Innovation Award takes place during the Opening of the Polyurethanes Technical Conference. Each individual Conference registrant can cast one vote for one finalist. The finalist with the most votes receives an additional 20 points added to the judges’ score. The Innovation with the highest total score is deemed the winner and announced during conclusion of the Conference at the Awards Luncheon.
The Polyurethane Innovation Award Winner
The winner is:
- Presented an award during the Awards Luncheon of the Polyurethanes Technical Conference;
- Announced in a CPI news release distributed to the media;
- Featured on the Innovation Award page of the CPI website through which visitors will be able to learn more about the innovation;
- Provided use of the Polyurethane Innovation Award logo to showcase its achievement;
- Provided one complimentary registration to the following year's Conference;
- Showcased at the following year's Polyurethanes Technical Conference.
All materials submitted in support of an Innovation Award application are not returned. By submitting an application, the applicant grants CPI an unlimited, unrestricted, royalty-free license to use submitted application materials for purposes of promoting the Polyurethanes Technical Conference and/or Polyurethane Innovation Award program in any medium.